Our Family

Our Family
Our Family

Friday, March 2, 2012

First Adoption Class

Well, last night was our first adoption class and to be honest im a little overwhelmed. There is so, so, so much paperwork. I am also a little scared because now what we've been waiting on for so long is  finally happening. There is so much information to take in, but the one thing that was said during class that stuck out to me the most wasn't even about adoption. It was about foster care. It is so sad that there are no foster families in Hardee county. All the kids who are removed from homes in Hardee county are sent to other counties. How scary is that? Those poor children are dragged out of their homes, sometimes at night and taken to a strangers home in a strange place and have to change schools and their lives overnight. The number of foster kids in foster homes right now is also sad. There are over 2,000 in Highlands, Hardee and Polk County.
It was good to hear about all the resources and support available to adoptive parents. I am so glad to have close christian friends who are also adopting. It will be so great to have them around to help and to be able to walk with them through the process. I know God is going to do amazing things with us and I feel that the relationships being built will be lasting. I can't wait to learn more about everyone in the classes and to learn more and more about their stories.
Last night we were asked to share a little about the reasons why we wanted to adopt. I couldn't do it! I knew that it was going to be too emotional for me to try and share my reasons but my hubby did an amazing job. He shared with me that he had no idea what he was going to say but that he prayed about it and God gave him the words. He said "I don't even know what I said, it just came to me".  I would definately call that a God thing. He continues to reveal himself  and his plan for us daily. We are so excited about it all! Even though we have a binder full of paperwork as homework.....LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment